Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Ditch that TV

Okay, so maybe we can lighten it up. How about, turn off that TV a little more often? I’ve been wasting a lot of my free time watching TV lately. And actually, its not always my choice. Now here’s the thing, every time I come home from work, I always catch my mom watching “teleseryes”. Since I was always too tired to go upstairs straight away, I would lie down on the sofa and watch TV for awhile. I would endlessly tease my mom on how obsessed she is with those TV programs and she would always laugh at me and ask me why do I keep on watching if I hate it? Yeah right. I want to know the answer too.

Actually, my original plan is to come home as early as possible to have more time to do my fave things which includes: reading my old magazines I’ve read countless times, writing essays and taking a bath before bedtime. But the moment I take a glimpse on what my mom is going ga-ga over, I always find myself hooked for hours, too. Well for one, I hate watching teleseyes because they seem to have this power to make a fool out of us who patronize these shows.

It’s irritating and amazing at the same time on how they manipulate us into liking things. I hate the fact that when the lead role is a famous chef, its like everyone is going crazy about chefs. If the role is a fashion designer, it seems like the whole world cares about fashion designers when in fact, we don’t even give a damn about these people in real life.

And what else? There was this one teleserye and I’m so glad that it was over, where a plain lad who dreamed of making it big in the music industry suddenly became popular when she sang for a commercial jingle. And it was like everyone was out to get her autograph. And if you happen to hear the jingle, it was so ordinary. Oh, and did I mention it was so boring? And since when did we fantasize over a commercial jingle singer in real life? The only one I was able to remember who made it big in that field and gained fans was Nikki Gil for the Coke commercial. But its not everyday that we go crazy over a singer on a commercial jingle. Come on, give us a break please.

The boob tube is controlling us. There’s more to life than wasting our time on these pointless drama. Life is already too complicated, why do we have to burden ourselves into thinking what will happen to actress A when actress B finds out she was flirting with actor A who happened to be actress B’s long time unfaithful boyfriend? I suffered the same dilemma. Man, I just spent the whole night wondering what will happen to that teleserye I was so into. Stupid of me right? I better start ditching that bad TV habit before it gets the better out of me.

1 comment:

reklamadork said...

tama! mas magiging productive ang buhay pag less ang tv watching.. hehe.. labyuuuu....