Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Blast from the Past!

I saw this ad of a beauty product on TV and they were comparing before and after photos of the celebrity endorser. Actually, the bottom line there is the idea that there’s nothing much of a comparison even after 10 years because she has been using the product for almost a decade.

I don’t know what has gotten into me that I rummaged through my past-life cabinet (that’s where I stashed all my grade school stuff trash. I jumped for joy as I found the old picture I’ve been looking for. Back then, looking through old photo albums have always been my biggest fear. I don’t want other people to see my old photos which are all very disgusting. I have big eyes, cropped hair, pale skin and I’m scrawny. I looked horrific in other words, or at least that was what my family used to describe me.

How come nobody told me about cheek tints, lip gloss and bronzer back then? Had I known more about plucking my eyebrows, it could have made a big difference on my appearance. Had someone told me that wearing baggy pants and large sized shirts never looked pleasing to the eye, my first crush might have given me a second look…or a first glance rather.

But that was just a thing of the past. Yeah, I’ve hated the way I looked before but don’t we all? And I found out recently that our best beauty will come as we age. Well, probably because now I’ve settled my body issues and I managed to love my body, flaws and all. At least now, I see them as part of me whose now only better. After all, beauty is still in the eye of the beholder.

I considered putting that old photo here as a proof that overtime, I’ve improved a lot but I changed my mind. Let it remain a mystery, something for me to cherish and keep to myself as a thing of my childhood years, and for you to imagine. Young and vibrant :) Or so I would like to think.

No comments: