Sunday, October 10, 2010

What's Up Santa?


You see I started feeling this way that day when Alvin and I had dinner together at the mall one Saturday evening. While I was sitting there waiting for our food, I received a text message from Alvin who was then waiting on a long line of people on the counter who were also starving to death. It says, “Can you hear the song? Christmas na talaga no?” Only then did I realize that the whole time I was sitting there, Christmas carols had been playing on the background.

And it all began. That sudden rush of excitement and that old familiar smile on my face is telling me that my favorite time of the year is fast approaching. I soooo love the holiday season. I love the traffic, yes even if it means i’ll be coming home later than the usual. I love to hit the malls during this season where everyone is panicking to get their shopping list done. I love the festive, the foods, the parties and the gifts. Actually, there’s only one thing that I don’t like about it. Its how we sometimes pretend to be happy even if we are not. We feel pressured to be jolly because we think that everyone is feeling that way and that is what the season is all about. Celebrating.

I don’t know if I have been naughty or nice this year. But I want to get good gifts come Christmas time. I’m sure you give out second chances right? I think its not yet too late to put my acts together and show you that I am still your good girl :) Besides, I still have a few months left. I have one request though. Should you happen to catch me trying to fake the smile on my face, can you remind me of all the reasons why this Christmas is worth celebrating?

No comments: