Saturday, October 18, 2008

sister act

my earliest childhood memories include arguing with my sisters about almost anything and wishing i'd woke up one day to find out i have a half brother instead. i have three sisters, richelle, sunshine and katrina. we are four girls in a row with no brother, and that spells
R-I-O-T! among all of them, i have this special bond with my sister shine. we grew up together and were separated from our family that's why we were used to counting on to eachother for comfort and emotional help. But shine and I are completely different. I used to label us as the "positive and negative batteries". Shine being the negative, and yours truly, being the positive... She was so out going, loud, happy go lucky and always in trouble. She was such a popular sanguine and its why people drew near her easily. I am her exact opposite. i remember going to the same high school were she was a drop out because she's been to a lot of mess. teachers would comment how different we are, and would always be quick to compare us. as far as i knw, i did well in school, but it wasn't enough to please them. they like her more than I because she was the sweet student, and i was distant. however, i never took it against her, i am glad to be her second best. We were very close and i don't remember sharing such kind of friendship with anyone. But we also argue a lot. So much that sometimes, we would end up not talking to each other for a month or two. but that's just how we are. we will reconcile just about time when we need to use each other's things. =)
i haven't got too much chances to build a stronger bond with my ate richelle when we were younger. i always see her as my ate who would scare me to death till i fall asleep and who would things for me that only elder sisters would. i look up to her because she seemed so perfect. she was the intelligent and articulate among the four of us and that makes her the center of any conversation. that left me feeling intimidated with her that i always found myself nervous when talking to her, afraid i won't be able to say the right words. i don't remember having wacky times with her unlike with shine but that doesn't mean i love her less. she have given me a strong sense of character and shine taught me to enjoy life as it throw rotten tomatoes. but my youngest sister katrina is closest to my heart. i remember hating her so much when i was younger for stealing me the title i've held on to for 8 years, the "bunso" title. But she was so dear that i always find myself forgiving her for using my things i told her no to, and losing it afterwards. I enjoy the new title i am having now as her "ate" and all the advantages it brings. sometimes i hate her for being "maarte" but i know she'll go past that stage like i did. at 16, she has been my constant company whose always willing to share a wrestling moment and tickle fight with me.
richelle and shine are now both living abroad. They have their own families already but we were never too old to make each other feel special. i have always longed to have a brother who could have made a big difference in our lives, but i can't help but smile whenever i remember having three sisters who've made growing up a whole lot better.

1 comment:

Polahola said...

welcome to the bogging life.^^