Sunday, January 16, 2011

True Love Weds...so relaxxxx!!


At 26, I sometimes feel obliged to get married soon. Call it some kind of a peer family pressure. In my opinion though, 26 is still very young to have such responsibilities. I still can’t imagine myself raising kids with high levels of adrenaline, decide on a menu 3 times a day, do the laundry, etc..etc. For me, a 26 year old girl is yet to develop a strong sense of responsibility and maturity before she could ever be a mother and wife. When I was 24, I started feeling awkward about me still being single. I wonder if it is my problem or could it be because my cousins who are my age have their families already that’s why I’m feeling this way. At first, I thought I was the only one who seems to care and notice that I was being left behind. Until one family get together, my cousins tagged along their spouses and kids and to my horror, I was all by myself. That’s when everyone started teasing me if I’ll ever marry. Some made drastic comments like, ” Maybe Alvin doesn’t have plans of marrying you, or if he does it’ll be 10 years from now and you’ll be 34 then and won’t have kids.” Some would say i’ll be an oldmaid, a very grumpy oldmaid to be exact. Then it became a habit, I started being a laughing stock till I almost dread going to reunions and parties already. They made fun out of whats already obvious and I was left to wonder.

Its not like Alvin doesn’t have plans for our relationship. We’ve been talking a lot about the family that we wanted to have in the future. But, as of now, it would be very selfish if we will rush into things and fail to consider being financially and emotionally ready. I don’t understand why everyone thinks that I’m in a hurry when in fact, I’m not. I don’t mind being a bride in my 30′s (although I wish it would happen earlier, LOL) Yes, there were times when I would just lie in my bed and daydream. I imagine myself walking down the aisle of violets and pink. I picture myself bringing my little ones to school and ironing my husband’s shirt. I long to raise god fearing and studious kids and to wake up side by side with a wonderful man. Yes, those are my greatest dreams and it will happen in God’s perfect time. And nobody can ever say that its too late.

During my 26th birthday, while my family were having lunch, we opened the same boring conversation. My ate said, ” Dapat nga 25 pa lang nag asawa ka na.” I was quick to protest and I justified that I was still 25 just a couple of hours ago, can’t they at least spare me the pressure? Funny thing was, when I went to work the following day, my friend Joyce gave me a book entitled, TRUE LOVE WEDS. It was the perfect time to hand me a book with a line that says: When the long wait is over. As if my family’s constant teasing aren’t enough. Yah right, when will it be over huh? I scanned through the pages, realizing that it is not about an ugly jerk who waited forever for her prince to come. But rather, it is a story of a love that has been put to hold until such time they were perfectly molded for eachother. It became the best thing in the world because they were able to wait, and everything is just worth the wait.

Fact is, I’m still young and in no rush. And somehow, I believe in this old saying: “Sa hinaba haba man ng prusisyon, sa simbahan din ang tuloy.”

Well, I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

***



1 comment:

reklamadork said...

oo nga.. tama.. media talaga.. hehe..
papakasalan naman kita.. pero dapat handa tayo hindi dahil sa kagustuhan ng iba.. basta nagwwhopper tayo.. hehe.. labyuuuuuuuu..